, Russia, India, China, South Korea.
... Arbitrage Strategies, Distressed Securities, Private Equity, Real Estate
, Natural Resources …
Because no investment fund manager, including us, can be omnipresent, omniscient or be the best performer for ever, we make use of open architecture to ensure that you have the choice of the best investment funds available on the market.
Whether part of our funds of funds or recommended individually, we offer third-party funds that have been selected:
- totally independently, with no strategic alliances, contrary to numerous other players;
- by a European team of specialists;
- using a tried and tested process, not basing ourselves simply upon past performance as a private investor would do.
Detailed qualitative analysis based on numerous contacts and more than 800 site visits by managers every year, follows an in-depth quantitative analysis.
This rigorous process ensures you have the best probability of selecting an investment fund capable of repeating its excellent performances to date.
See opposite for details of our selection process or call +352 4797 2272 for more information. Selection process Selection process
How can we ensure the best probability of selecting an investment fund capable of repeating its excellent performances to date?
We do the following work for you.
First we analyse four main criteria quantitatively:
We observe the returns recorded over different periods.
We determine the risks taken to obtain these returns.
We examine the efficiency and monitoring of risk taking.
We analyse the consistency of the returns and the extent to which they have outperformed the selected benchmark.
This first phase amounts to a statistical analysis of the following absolute and relative coefficients:
Once this stage has been completed, the qualitative phase starts.
Using a detailed questionnaire, various contacts and a face-to-face meeting with the managers and their teams, we seek to determine:
- where and how the manager created value;
- how the performances were achieved;
- the probability of them being repeated in the future under different market conditions.
To do this we evaluate:
- the main manager;the management philosophy,
- the procedures in place and the resources available;
- the organisation and quality of the team;
- the consistency of the management style;the fee structure.
This selection process is implemented by our European team of experts based in London, Brussels, Luxembourg, Amsterdam and Munich. They make more than 800 visits a year to managers, monitor the selected funds on a daily basis and check the relevance of their ranking quarterly.