KBL European Private Bankers, Luxembourg
As Senior Legal Advisor, reporting to the Head of Legal, you would be ensuring that effective operational arrangements are in place for the provision and delivery of in-house legal service, to provide legal advice, analysis and execution over a wide range of investment management client-related and corporate matters.
The Legal department also contributes to the legal analysis of the development of new products. It may also provides
legal assistance to the Bank in various subjects (i.e. EMIR, MIFID II, PRIIPs, etc) in general.
- Legal support during whole funds life, from structuring to liquidation (for UCITS and/or AIFs) ;
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of agreements (depositary agreement, central administration agreement, management company agreement, investment management agreement, distribution agreement) and legal documents (prospectus, articles of incorporation) ;
- Liaison with internal and external parties such as service providers, fund initiators, CSSF, auditors, legal experts etc;
- Ensure market watch on new laws and regulations which may impact the business ;
- Coordinate regulatory change projects, create and update appropriate templates, legal documentation or agreements linked to regulatory changes and provide legal advices to the business on interpretation of regulation ;
- Provide legal assistance on the development of new products (provide analysis of any legal risks involved) ;
- Provide support to the Head of Legal and ensure that the statutory duties imposed on the company and its Directors under the Luxembourg laws are effectively discharged ;
- Assist the Head of Legal to develop principles of good corporate governance and codes of best practices ;
- Give trainings to others departments and sharing team legal expertise ;
- Actively participate in legal seminars, committees, workshops, representation in the Luxembourg Investment Fund Association by defending and promoting the Bank standpoint.
- University Degree in law ;
- Good command of Word, PowerPoint, Excel ;
- Minimum 5 years of post qualification experience in a similar position ;
- Good knowledge of the fund industry and the legislative environment of Luxembourg funds ;
- Good knowledge of the law on commercial companies ;
- Overall good understanding of core banking services, processes and products required.
- Capability to analyse complex issues and provide creative solutions ;
- Good organisational skills ;
- Ability to work under pressure and to take initiatives ;
- Ability to federate and deal with various departments of the Bank ;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team ;
- Good written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- French and English required ;
- Knowledge of another language (German, Dutch, Spanish) would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application to the KBL Human Resources team at the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org