KBL European Private Bankers, Luxembourg
A Lending Management Officer implements credits (loans, overdraft facilities, sub-participations etc.) approved by the relevant decision-making bodies and granted to the clients (private persons, companies, institutional clients and affiliates) of the bank and assures an adequate follow-up of the credits in force until their repayment. More precisely the Lending Managment Officer prepares the loan documentation, conducts the taking of securities (pledge, mortgage, security rights on insurance policies, personal guarantees etc.) and monitors the continuous respect conditions of the credit operations (limits, collateral coverage, covenants).
Implementation of the decisions of the relevant decision-making bodies related to credits (lombard loans, mortgage loans, mixed loans, overdrafts) and risk-participations which includes :
- The analysis of credit approval, the credit application and the corroborating documents received regarding the borrower, the credit operation, the collateral etc.
- The performance of credit-related due diligence on borrowers, guarantors and collateral providers. the preparation and drafting of the credit agreements (or sub-participation agreements) and collateral documentation in accordance with the terms of credit approval with a particular focus on the cross-border aspects of the credit and the collateral.
- The review and approval of documentation (mortgage acts, credit agreements, assignment of rent etc.) prepared by third parties (notaries, lawyers).
- The submission of credit and collateral for registration as may be necessary to ensure validity and enforceability of security rights, etc.
- Involvement in the implementation of credit operations in the bank's systems and the verification that all required documentation is received, the collateral is in place and that all the conditions precedent are satisfied prior to release of funds.
- Perform rigorous follow-up, monitoring and control of credits to ensure that terms and conditions (limits, collateral cover, covenants) are respected. Manage notifications and/or margin call procedures in the event of insufficient collateral cover or other breach of terms (including unpaid interest or capital), with appropriate internal communication / escalation.
- Liaise as necessary and maintain high-levels of collaboration and communication with stakeholders (Private Bankers, Lending Origination, Legal, Credit Risk Control, Lending Administration), clients and external parties (law firms, notaries, insurance companies, external asset managers / family offices).
- Propose pledge rates on financial instruments serving as collateral for Lombard lending and elaborate a follow-up of the market value of real estate collateral based on the analysis of appropriate statistical market data.
- Conduct periodic reviews of credit files which includes the review of the performance of the credit and the collection of the relevant data regarding the borrower (information on wealth, annual accounts) and the collateral.
- Provide advice and support to Group subsidiaries and other functions of the Bank in relation to credit and Lending Management matters as may be required.
- Work together with the Head of Lending Management on projects, auditor's requests, the development of new products, review and follow-up on new legislation / regulation to ensure the credit products of the bank are compliant etc., requiring active participation in cross-function working groups and close collaboration with other entities of the Bank and across the Group.
- University degree or equivalent experience, Economic, Finance, Business, Law
- Thorough knowledge of credit risk principles, lending products and related legal and regulatory considerations in Luxembourg and neighbouring markets, together with a sound general knowledge of the private banking industry, its products and services.
- Good command of MS Office tools.
- Strong analytical skills, with sound judgement and capacity to take responsibility and act autonomously.
- Well-organised and thorough, with a focus on process efficiency; adaptable and able to manage and proritise multiple tasks.
- A strong team player, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in French and English
- Other languages spoken within KBL Group will be considered an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application to the KBL Human Resources team at the following email address : email@example.com